Monday, January 19, 2015
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
This truly is the best thing
since sliced bread.
The first lane designed to make everyone happy.
Customers love the shorter wait times, friendly service and accessibility. Your employees love the ergonomics, flexibility and customer friendly design. You will love the improved customer service, 24 cubic feet of additional merchandising space, less employee down time and lower operating costs.
Here are some of the amazing benefits of this revolutionary new checkout lane, the last lane you will ever own.
• Only carousel lane design that allows for the addition
of a bagger if desired• Unique design allows the cashier to Scan & Pass,
Scan & Bag or Scan Pass/Bag with over-sized,
set-aside area for product directly over the
carousel bagging area
• True ergonomic design eliminates cashier twisting
and turning, reducing lost time and fatigue
• Cashiers are always face-to-face and able to
present bags to the customer; no more turning
your back on your customers
• Decreases customer wait time by 11% with higher
• Matches footprint of existing checkout lanes and provides 24
cubic feet of space for merchandising
• Certifications include International Organization for
Standardization (ISO), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
and Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
• Provides multiple locations and configurations of POS
equipment to meet your transactional flow needs
• First checkout design to include an optional complete cash
management solution in conjunction with a carousel style
• Angled bagging cabinet provides seamless flow of customers
from the checkout aisle to the store exit
• Patent pending design
Features• Optional cash management system greatly reduces labor
costs, shrink and cash float without changing the lane
• First checkout design to include bag racks to accommodate
plastic, reusable and paper bag options
• Lane design also accommodates power pole entry or
electrical stub-ups from the floor
• Modular front end conveyor lengths in belted and non-
belted formats with many additional checkout options
allow you to customize your front conveyor to fit your
• Multiple standard paint/bumper color options
• Electronic Photo-Eye belt control keeps the lane
• LaneHawk, bottom-of-basket and camera provisions
available upon request to ensure loss prevention
• Isolated ground and standard power outlets provided
for connection of all of your POS equipment and
checkout power needs including optional cooler outlet
To find out more about this amazing lane, please give us a call at 1.800.210.2302 or visit us online at www.panoston.com or at utopiatechnologygroup.com.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Many of the things we take for granted in retail today, came to us first from the grocery business. Simple things like the grocer in 1912 who figured out he could sell more product if he gave his customers a bag to carry them home in. Or the grocer in 1937 that figured out he could sell a lot more if he provided his shoppers a cart to pile products into. These are just some of the fun and entertaining facts you will discover in the "History of Grocery" info graphic. http://groceryhistory.com
Friday, July 25, 2014
We are proud to be a part of the exciting, groundbreaking and vital business called grocery. Here is an info graphic that we've created to share some of the highlights over the past 135 years. http://www.groceryhistory.com/#sthash.M2VAVVfK.BFvSjxgq.dpbs
Monday, April 28, 2014
Not a lot has changed in grocery checkout over the past century,
in the early 1900's it was all about customer service,
today it is still all about customer service.
To see our amazing FastLane X3 in action, checkout our video at this link:
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
The number one complaint by customers today is the front-end checkout experience. We have all been there, a few lanes open with the majority of lanes closed, resulting in long lines and aggravation.
That is why we developed the revolutionary Utopia Fast Lane X3. It is the first and only checkout that incorporates PortalSorting, a record-breaking combination of high-speed portal scanning with contactless sorting in flexible modular configurations.
- One lane does the work of multiple lanes.
- It requires fewer employees while delivering improved customer service.
- The FastLane X3 delivers a faster and better shopping experience.
- According to DataLogic, the Portal Scan can handle up to 160 items a minute.
- SpanTech Sortation Technology is included, which directs items to the specified bagging area to assist customer flow.
- Multiple customer service style options are available, including assisted cart unloading and bagging service, or customer unload and bag.
- There are flexible payment options for your customers' convenience.
- The FastLane X3 integrates with your existing POS system.
- A dedicated employee is always present to assist customers.
To see the FastLane X3 in action visit www.utopiatechnologygroup.com
The Utopia Technology Group is a division of Pan-Oston.